Friday, December 25, 2009

I can't wait to see her face . . .

I know I haven't been bringing the craftiness hardcore lately, but I've been up to my eyeballs in this:

She's going to be so excited that I'm officially forgiving myself for not finishing all the felt food I started cutting out for her.  Soon.  I will get to it soon.

In the meantime, MERRY CHRISTMAS!  To those of you that follow along in secret and to those that visit with me to chat on my little ole blog, I thank you.  I can't wait for you to join me on even more crafty adventures in the new year.

Oh, and if you *do* happen to be a lurker, maybe your New Year's resolution could be to come out of the closet and comment once in awhile.  I'd love to get to know you all.  :)

Liz December 26, 2009 at 2:13 PM

My daughter would love it too. I made her some felt cookies, but they weren't a big hit - however she didn't have the cool kitchen to go with them!

Lilith's mommy December 27, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Felt food's addicting. Kiddo has a lot already and I'm still making her more. I'm also making my husband's goddaughter some. I really should get some pictures of it all and post it one day. Hmmm, I think I may need to start posting sewing/crafting things on my blog.

Anyway, kiddo got her huge kitchen last year. She was rather grumpy Chritmas morning because she just wanted to play in it and not unwrap any other things. LOL She'd even take us to her room and lock us in it to play with her.

Skooks December 27, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Liz, her immediate reaction was, "I want to play with that!" As if it would be for someone else? What a goofball. I have yet to bust any felt food out on her yet, so we'll see how she takes to it.

L.M., you should definitely post some crafty stuff on your blog. I love reading about all the projects people are up to. :)

Lilith's mommy December 27, 2009 at 2:57 PM

I found this and thought of you: http://keeperofthecheerios.com/2008/12/best-felt-food-patterns-from-around-the-web/

Hope it helps!

Skooks December 27, 2009 at 5:46 PM

WOW! What an awesome site! I can't wait to get a nice cup of hot cocoa and peruse all the links. Thank you so much for sharing them with me. :)

kaffyvan December 27, 2009 at 8:19 PM

WOW!!! OMG - Did she just LOVE it, one of my favorite memories of kindergarten was the "play kitchen" -- even though the kitchen is now NOT my favorite place -- thank goodness Jer-Bear LOVES to cook!!!

Skooks December 27, 2009 at 10:51 PM

She did! She immediately went to work cooking up some grub for us . . . it was cute. She wanted to wear her little apron until she realized there was a "washing machine". Then she just wanted to toss those in for a good cleaning. :P

urban craft December 28, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Her face! You should see how my face lit up when I saw the photo!
That is the coolest thing. I have a boy but he would totally go crazy for that kitchen set too! I am right there with you with the felt food, can't wait to make it, haven't gotten around to it yet though. Can't wait to see yours!

Skooks December 28, 2009 at 1:14 AM

U.C., I searched high and low for a kitchen that was not *pink* nor *plastic*. I have a little boy who will someday play with it too and he was on my mind as much as Little Miss was while I was perusing. I ended up finding a deal on it at Walmart (online) of all places, but I don't see it on there anymore. :( FYI: It's made by Kidkraft.

I have FINALLY finished cutting out all the pieces for my little felt food pattern and will start working on them as soon as I have time. I am probably way more excited about it than my little girl is. :)

Jessica August 4, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Looks awesome, thanks for the link . . . great to see it in action!