Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Quilts for Kids Challenge

I am so excited!  My quilt pack arrived yesterday from Quilts for Kids, and I can't wait to get started. Have you signed up to receive one yet?

(New to Skooks' Playground and missed what this is about?  I blogged about it previously here.)  All you need to supply is the batting, thread, and your time!  Even the quilting pattern and instructions are included.  And they cut the pieces for you!  Is that not half the battle?

Check out the cute fabrics I got:

It might be hard to tell from my very un-professional photography, but that green *sparkles*.  :)

Join in on the fun!

Help out kids!

You know you want to.

Lilith's mommy January 27, 2010 at 2:00 PM

The green fabric has a name, but I can't think of what it is. (I swear it's called Fairy Dust or Pixie Dust.) I have a bunch for a quilt for Lilith and some fairy fabric. It's real pretty fabric. I haven't gotten my kit, yet. But, I haven't checked the mail in a couple of days. Wonder what I'll get. :)

Skooks January 27, 2010 at 8:31 PM

L.M. - Post up a pic when it comes! You need to make a new blog post anyway. ;)

Lilith's mommy January 27, 2010 at 9:47 PM

I know. It's been busy around here...family visiting and kiddo's bday. Also, I've been in the hospital and recovering at home. Evidently, the problems I had been having was my Appendix. So, it's been oh so much fun around here. At least my aunt was able to come up and help us for awhile. :)

Skooks January 27, 2010 at 10:15 PM

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been well! I hope you are feeling better or are at least on the quick path to recovery.

Kathy January 27, 2010 at 10:36 PM

What a GREAT idea -- and that fabric is so cute, it will make some little child very happy -- and I can't wait to see your finished product.

And YES, I just ordered my kit as well... ooohhh, can't wait to see what fabric I'll get. Will also check my stash to see if I can make another one to send back with it.

Skooks January 27, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Alright! I should do a little Quilts for Kids roundup on the blog when we're all done and post pics of all the quilts we made. :)

I'm so glad others have decided to participate.

Lilith's mommy January 28, 2010 at 12:03 PM

I remembered! It's called Fariy Frost by Michael Miller. :)

Thank you. I'm getting better, it's just slow. There's lots I can't do, and it bothers me. I did make a skirt yesterday and got a post up last night, though. :)