Monday, February 15, 2010

Kinda Bummed Out, but I Still Made Something This Weekend

Oh, my . . . majorly busy weekend!  Little Miss had her first ever friend birthday party on Saturday.  She had SO much fun.  Stories and crafts and cake . . . I mean, really.  What's not to love about that?  Oh, and since it was superhero-themed (sweet!), she even got her very own superhero cape to wear and bring home (and yes, she even took her nap in it later that day.)  In the evening, Mr. Skooks and I headed out for a belated Christmas company party (you read that right) and enjoyed catching up with our coworkers, eating great food, enjoying free drinks, and watching some sweet Improv.  Sunday, we celebrated my father-in-law's birthday (and V-day) with family.  I don't know that we've had that packed of a weekend in quite awhile!

As it is with just about everything in life, there were some trade-offs made.  Spending the time I did with my little girl at her party and with Mr. Skooks out for the evening (without kids!) was priceless.  I am so glad I was able to do those things and would not trade them for anything.  But what I'm trying to say is, because of these activities there was not a whole lot of time to plunge into the creative arts this weekend.  And as a result of this, I was not able to churn out a few more (ever so much more awesome than what I've done so far) submissions that would be worthy to enter into the Lil Blue Boo contest.  It seems a little silly how completely bummed out I am because of this.  I actually had no aspirations about winning it, but my one submission wasn't even close to "knock their socks off" good.  Oh well.  Some other time when my schedule opens up I will give some more dresses (and a few more LBB  patterns) a try.   Who knows?  Maybe even this weekend . . .

In the meantime, I was able to squeeze in a quick little project.   This one is a great way to use up a few fabric and ribbon scraps.  I found this simple Owl Teether Toy tutorial courtesy of The Rubber Punkin sometime last week, and just knew I had to give it a go and make a little something special for Kee-ku.  He has not gotten much crafty love from his mama lately, and it was time.  Plus, he's started teething so this find was actually quite timely.

Happy Monday, everyone!

The Girl CreativeSumo Sweet Stuff Keeping It SimpleMaking

Kathy February 15, 2010 at 9:46 AM

What an adorable little teething monster - lucky Kee-ku!

Lilith's mommy February 15, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Cute. I may have to make one for my baby niece/nephew that's due in May. I went to bookmark it, and I already had it saved. LOL

Skooks February 15, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Thanks! It was a lot of fun to make. Sometimes you've got to do those quick projects to give yourself a little boost in the "completed projects" department!

Kaysi February 15, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Those are so cute! I love the colors and the ribbon.

Skooks February 15, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Thanks, Kaysi! Glad you stopped by. :)

Two Shades of Pink February 15, 2010 at 11:38 PM

This is too cute! And I wanted to stop by to say thanks for your sweet and encouraging comment about our "renting saga." God is so, so, so good and though I have my moments I eagerly wait to see what will happen!

urban craft February 16, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Yay! Happy Birthday! I don't think I would be able to whip this out in a weekend. You're very good, you know.

Michelle February 16, 2010 at 10:44 PM

It came out great! What a cute idea!

Juliana February 18, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Do you have an etsy? This stuff is great!!!!

I am getting such great ideas from all you ladies. I am really into crafts...but since I grew my mini me I have not had as much time, no excuses, I need to get back to it!

I am your newest follower. Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into A Blog. COme and and follow back if you would like. I love meeting other bloggers!