Little Miss turned 3 today. It's hard to believe that 3 years has gone by since she made her entrance into the world. To celebrate (among other things), she helped me make a Rainbow Cake.
- sorting the whole bag of Skittles by color
- lining the entire bottom of the cake with marshmallows to conceal the fact that I ran out of frosting towards the end
- "accidentally" slipping while placing the marshmallows on the cake and "having no choice" but to lick her fingers . . . over and over again
- Buy 3 boxes of cake mix instead of 2 OR use 8 inch rounds instead of 9 inch
- Buy 3 large tubs of frosting rather than 2
- Borrow 4 more pans instead of using the only 2 I had 3 times with cooling and cleaning time in between. Oy.
- Allow the cake to cool a teense more completely before attempting to frost. I'm afraid some of the layers suffered a bit during the frosting process even though I did stick the whole shebang in the freezer before the final frost. You can see in the above photo, though, how the cake had a bit of damage from too vigorous spatula usage. Oh well.
The remains of a most excellent birthday:
The Idea Room.