Thursday, April 29, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

Yes, that's right.  It's my B-day today.  I thought that in honor of the day of my birth, I'd have some fun here on the ole blog.  Wanna play a game with me?  It's called, "Guess how old I'm going to be based on what I want for my birthday this year."

Are you ready?

OK, here we go:

My very own Paper Dolls.  I'm not sharing them with Little Miss.  Unless she plays REALLY nice with them.  They will live in my new sewing studio.

And they will love it in there.

They're going to need more outfits too.

I'm going to need some comfy slippers to craft in as my feet are constantly cold.  I'm also going to need the ability to crochet because these tootsies are only a pattern and I can't crochet for the life of me.

Don't they look ridiculously comfy?

A little retro kitsch for my new kitchen.  I haven't decided what color it's going to be (right now it's very neutral and is going to need some personality), but these would punch up the bland factor in no time flat.

Buttons.  A big ole pile of em.

The more vintage and bright, the better.

Some artwork to inspire me towards my Indie Biz pursuits.

Someday I'd like a whole wall filled with lovely artwork that whispers (or yells) YOU CAN DO THIS!

Some things are just so cute and simple.

For $3, I may just have to get this little set of paper tools for myself.

One or ALL prints from this lovely photographer.

A little catchall bowl for pins, or threads, or keys or earrings, or something.

Anything.

A little friend to sit on my shelf.

No particular reason why.

A custom portrait of my new house

FOR my new house.

A lovely locket to hold the pictures of my sweet children close to my heart.

Another little something unexpected.

Not sure where this one would live exactly, but I'm sure I could find the perfect spot for it.

Another little stuffie.

Once again, these are gifts for ME.  No kids allowed.

Especially Kee-ku.  Far too much drooling.

And finally, a crown to wear on my special day.

With a promise from EVERYONE that they couldn't make fun of me for wearing a crown.

C'mon.  Can I?

For just one day a year?

Ujjwal April 29, 2010 at 1:42 AM

Hey Happy Birthday girl!!

Your wish list is quite interesting and impressive and I wish you get all your heart desires and more!!

Have fun!! Its your day today :)

Skooks April 29, 2010 at 1:49 AM

Thanks, Ujjwal! I will likely get none of these things, but I'm sure I will still have a most lovely birthday. :)

Anzouya April 29, 2010 at 1:53 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! May your life be filled with joy and happiness! I hope you can get everything you want from that list. It's really cute and it doesn't matter how old you are but how old you feel! :-) ENJOY your birthday!

Skooks April 29, 2010 at 1:56 AM

Thanks, Anzouya! I think I'm always going to be young at heart. I like it that way. Your comment made me smile. :)

aubrey April 29, 2010 at 5:43 AM

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your day! Your list is so fun and happy! I realized after a while that I officially am a 'grown-up,' and it is OK to do/enjoy/be the things I want to--regardless of age.

Trisha April 29, 2010 at 6:18 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! you should wear that crown every day :D

Sammy April 29, 2010 at 8:11 AM

Happy Birthday Friend. I think the crown is perfect, slightly more refined than some ones I remember. But there are no pendant necklaces up there. Oh well. Celebrate well, live life wholly and there will be little cause for regret.

Sara April 29, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Happy Birthday sister :)

Love you Always and Forever!!!!

Angelia April 29, 2010 at 11:06 AM

happy birthday! Those are some great gifts you found for yourself. You find the BEST Etsy stuff!! I could make a full time job out of browsing on there!

Skooks April 29, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Thanks for all the sweet birthday wishes everyone! I'm already having such a lovely day and you are all a part of it. :)

Kim @ Everything Etsy April 29, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fabulous day! All your picks were perfect...I'll take one of each, too! Ha! Wouldn't that be nice?

~Kim

Carol April 29, 2010 at 1:01 PM

IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY! DO WHATEVER YOU FEEL LIKE!
LOVE YOU, SKOOKS! YOU ARE PRECIOUS TO ME!

Sal April 29, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Happy birthday Skooks! May all your wishes come true on this truly special day! xo

Shel April 29, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Happy Birthday! I love all those things...especially the locket and the kitchen containers! Hope you have a fantabulous day. Love you!

Allison April 29, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Weeel, seeing as I know how old you are, let's just skip that part 'cause it would be cheating:)
I love your list as well, and I'm happy that you will always be young at heart.

Happy Happy Birthday, and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Skooks April 30, 2010 at 4:46 AM

I had such a great day. Thanks everyone for all your lovely words. :)

Amber April 30, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Aw, I hope you had a great birthday yesterday! :)

Laura October 6, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Hi! I just came across your blog while looking through the Leila and Ben flicr group. I wanted to know if you've gotten around to makine those crochet mary jane's? They are to die for, but I don't crochet myself. I wanted to hear your feedback because maybe they're worth learning how to crochet for...

Skooks October 6, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Hey Laura!

I searched around a bit for your email so I could send you a response . . . hope you find your way back here to see that I was paying attention to your question. :)

I have not made the crochet mary janes . . . though I DID point their pattern out to a crochet-ing friend of mine with some OVERLY HEAVY hinting that I thought they were SO CUTE and OH HOW I WISH I COULD CROCHET . . .

So far, no dice. But it could still happen.

I may have to learn how to crochet just for this project because the weather is getting colder around here and my tootsies have been beyond frigid lately because I am not much of a sock girl.

If you have the inclination I say learn it (from what I hear it's not terribly hard to learn - though obviously I, as of yet, have not learned myself).

And then you can come back and tell me how it went. ;)

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again sometime.