Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Asked, Hopefully You Can Answer: More Kitchen Swatches for Your Perusal

[click the mosaic to enlarge]

So maybe I want to mix it up a bit more?  I don't know.  I just can't leave it alone.

After I wrote yesterday's post I spent a large chunk of time today continuing to search for some inspiration for my  new kitchen.

Here's what I'm learning about myself: I am largely being drawn to florals, yellows, blues, and greens.  Only ONE fabric called out to me that had some red in it.  Not sure what to do about that since I am very much leaning towards hitting up the red accents in my sewing room AND I already have a red couch in my living room so I'm not sure if I want to overdo the red thing.  Even though I do like Red in kitchens.  And apparently everywhere else.

After ALMOST being sold completely on my Waverly "Small Talk Blackbird" swatch (still in the running BTW), I stumbled across "Nicey Jane Church Flowers" by Heather Bailey.  Apparently I really like Heather Bailey  A LOT because I now have 4 different "Nicey Jane"s and a "Bijoux Swirly" in the mix.  Yum.  And then there's Amy Butler.  Let's not forget to throw her in the pot and stir.  Oh yes, and add a dash of Patty Young.  Make that 2 dashes.

Sigh.

I am such a fabric-o-holic.  It's a disease really.

I put a little poll up on top of this post so you could help me decide which direction to go.  The pics run in order of the options from Left to Right and Top to Bottom.  I've given you the option to select several if you wish in case you're as indecisive as me!  {Friends using a Reader please click through to take my poll!)

Thanks for the input!

Sara May 13, 2010 at 10:17 AM

I like the small talkin' blackbird!

Ronni May 13, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Blackbird is my favorite by far, but I also really like the Nicey Jane, too (number 3).

Kathy May 13, 2010 at 12:30 PM

LOVE those Nicey Janes in the top row (3) would be great coordinated together.

Stacey May 13, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Love them all!!! I voted for the Nicey Jane Lindy Leaf Green.

I am fabric-o-holic as well... I agree it's serious serious serious disease

Carol May 14, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Small talking blackbird is my favorite.
Also like Nicey Jane Church Flowers & Dandy Stripes (coordinated).

Nugglemama May 14, 2010 at 10:59 PM

I really love the last one and thing it would be fab in a kitchen. Then you could accent with the 2nd one to get some color too. :)