Ok, not a dress. Not exactly.
For those of you following along, let me pick back up where I left off here, here, and here. I've been working (slowly) on a Patty Young (Modkid Boutique) pattern called Emma. It's actually not a dress. It's actually a top and a skirt that layered together look like a dress.
I went out this weekend and got some new buttons that hopefully fix my button bleed issue. These new ones are washable, dry cleanable, have smaller shanks, and frankly are kind of nicer than the ones I had on there originally.
Before I got to that point it had been a pretty pleasant dress-making experience. BEFORE.
While I won't say I regret doing this (not really), I will say that some not so lady-like mutterings [maybe][possibly] might have been uttered by me once the serging process began.
Well, for one, I think I threaded and rethreaded that machine oh, I don't know, 17 times THE EXACT SAME WAY before it decided to chain off properly. Ok ok. It must not have been done the exact same way every time, but heck if I could tell you what the difference was between the first attempt and the 17th attempt. I think that's probably the most infuriating part of it. Just not knowing the difference so I could say, "OH! So if this happens again, I just do THAT and all will be well!" Grr . . .
I think I need to take a proper serger usage class. Plain and simple. Because at the moment Sergei and I are not on speaking terms.
The other *could be construed as frustrating moment* came when Little Miss tried it on. And then told me she didn't want to turn around so I could see the back. And then told me she didn't like it. And then started sobbing when I told her to just take it off already then. (When I suggested this course of action, she actually told me over and over PLEASE DON'T TAKE THE DRESS AWAY I WANT IT!!" - - Ah, to be 3.)