Saturday, December 4, 2010

Kee-ku's Cute Kawaii Christmas Tree Ornament

I had an opportunity last night to sit down, watch some old episodes of The Office and stitch up Kee-ku's 2010 Christmas ornament:

Christmas Tree Ornament 2010 - for Kee-ku
As I referenced in my previous post, I used the Christmas Tree Hanging Decoration pattern by JoJoEbi Designs.  As I was using my own materials and not one of her kits, I just used some buttons and sequins I had on hand rather than brads which I have none of.  Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I've never used a brad on anything before.

Hand-sewing is not something I do a lot of these days, but it's a nice change of pace from all the heavy projects I've been doing lately.  I'd attempt to take a picture of Kee-ku with his ornament, but I'm sure he'd just try to eat it like he does with everything else.

Last night I let Little Miss pick out which ornament she wanted me to make for her . . . so stay tuned!  I hope to get a chance to work on it later tonight.  :)

*****Linking up with some fun Linky Parties RIGHT HERE.*****

Regina December 4, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Love this little tree. I love to use buttons...there are so many lovely ones..old and new. Looking forward to seeing what other ornament you are going to be making.

Skooks December 4, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Regi -

Thanks so much for your sweet comment! I am a total button girl too . . . I've got a modest little stash, but I'm always willing to add to it when I get the chance. ;) Glad to hear you'll be back to see the next ornament . . . better get started on it!

jilly December 4, 2010 at 9:04 PM

That is such a cute tree ornament, love the face!!! What a wonderful thing your doing for your kiddos. My mom has a very old Santa candle, it has seen better days, but boy does it bring back memories.

jojoebi December 5, 2010 at 5:19 AM

your did a great job! looks so cute, I love the sequins too :o)

Kati December 7, 2010 at 3:52 PM

So cute. Do you make ornaments for your kids each year. I love the idea of nice handmade ornaments.

Skooks December 7, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I do! This is year 2 of handmade ornaments for me. My mom used to make my sisters and I ornaments every year and they're all hanging up on my tree. :) I posted about the ones she made me (as well as the ones I made for the kids last year) here if you want to take a look: It's one of my favorite traditions. :)

Quiltstory December 14, 2010 at 1:46 AM

So cute and what special memories those will hold. Thanks for sharing!

C.R.A.F.T. December 21, 2010 at 9:51 AM

so cute! come on over and link up to MMM :)