Saturday, December 4, 2010

Kee-ku's Cute Kawaii Christmas Tree Ornament

I had an opportunity last night to sit down, watch some old episodes of The Office and stitch up Kee-ku's 2010 Christmas ornament:

Christmas Tree Ornament 2010 - for Kee-ku
As I referenced in my previous post, I used the Christmas Tree Hanging Decoration pattern by JoJoEbi Designs.  As I was using my own materials and not one of her kits, I just used some buttons and sequins I had on hand rather than brads which I have none of.  Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I've never used a brad on anything before.

Hand-sewing is not something I do a lot of these days, but it's a nice change of pace from all the heavy projects I've been doing lately.  I'd attempt to take a picture of Kee-ku with his ornament, but I'm sure he'd just try to eat it like he does with everything else.

Last night I let Little Miss pick out which ornament she wanted me to make for her . . . so stay tuned!  I hope to get a chance to work on it later tonight.  :)

*****Linking up with some fun Linky Parties RIGHT HERE.*****

Regina December 4, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Love this little tree. I love to use buttons...there are so many lovely ones..old and new. Looking forward to seeing what other ornament you are going to be making.

Hugs,
Regi

Skooks December 4, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Regi -

Thanks so much for your sweet comment! I am a total button girl too . . . I've got a modest little stash, but I'm always willing to add to it when I get the chance. ;) Glad to hear you'll be back to see the next ornament . . . better get started on it!

jilly December 4, 2010 at 9:04 PM

That is such a cute tree ornament, love the face!!! What a wonderful thing your doing for your kiddos. My mom has a very old Santa candle, it has seen better days, but boy does it bring back memories.

blessings,
jilly

jojoebi December 5, 2010 at 5:19 AM

your did a great job! looks so cute, I love the sequins too :o)

Kati December 7, 2010 at 3:52 PM

So cute. Do you make ornaments for your kids each year. I love the idea of nice handmade ornaments.

Skooks December 7, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I do! This is year 2 of handmade ornaments for me. My mom used to make my sisters and I ornaments every year and they're all hanging up on my tree. :) I posted about the ones she made me (as well as the ones I made for the kids last year) here if you want to take a look: http://www.skooksplayground.com/2009/12/ornament-legacy.html It's one of my favorite traditions. :)

Quiltstory December 14, 2010 at 1:46 AM

So cute and what special memories those will hold. Thanks for sharing!

C.R.A.F.T. December 21, 2010 at 9:51 AM

so cute! come on over and link up to MMM :)