Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecakes

I'm not much of a recipe blogger, but these were too good not to share.  AND they are a great dessert to make with toddlers which is a plus if you've got a little one that ALWAYS WANTS TO HELP.  :)

I found this recipe on a couple of blogs just before Thanksgiving.  I don't have any delightful "after" pics, but let the pics over on Inside BruCrew Life and Moogie and Pap tantalize you.  They sure tantalized me.

Not a ton of "process" pictures for you here.  Just wanted to let you know how to do this recipe with a little helper.
  1. Ask them to line the tin with the muffin cups.
  2. Start working on the recipe while they are busy with the muffin cup business.
  3. When they're done lining the tin(s), instruct them to place one Oreo in the bottom of each of the cups.
  4. While they're busy continue working on the batter.
  5. Don't get mad if they sneak a few Oreos.  But plan for this and buy an extra package or you won't have enough Oreos to finish the recipe (learned this the hard way!)
  6. Pour the batter 3/4 full in each of the cups over the Oreos.
  7. Let them drop an extra Oreo on top of the batter of each one and help them g-e-n-t-l-y push it in.
  8. Bake.
  9. Cool.
  10. Whip cream 'em (the cheesecakes, not the kids).
  11. ENJOY!
P.S.  Remember what I said about being gentle.  ;)
These were so good, we made 'em twice in the month of November.  I think they'd make a fab dessert for a Christmas get-together too.

diane December 8, 2010 at 1:15 AM

those look delicious!

i really appreciate your instructions for kiddo helpers. i've been trying to bake with my best friend's twins this week, and it's a whole different world that i need to learn more about! :)

Skooks December 8, 2010 at 1:33 AM

I know! When I have the patience and time (aka if my 16 month old is ASLEEP when we do some baking), I measure out all the ingredients ahead of time and let her pour them in and do some of the mixing. But with these we were under a time crunch and she seemed satisfied taking care of the Oreo part. Kept her QUITE busy . . . probably because she was snacking a bit. LOL

Come to think of it, however, she did ask me after I put them in the oven, "When are we going to make the cheesecakes?" Should have let her stir it one time around before I poured them in the cups. ;)

Holyoke Home December 8, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Do you have a picture of them when completed? These SOUND delicious!

Skooks December 8, 2010 at 4:03 PM

HH - I don't. You can't take a true after picture until you put the whip cream on and both of the times we were bringing them to someone else's home to be served there and I forgot my camera. :P Here's a great pic of what they look like though (courtesy of Inside BruCrew Life): http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-C_4h8r_w6M/TL2CWPBBL3I/AAAAAAAABt4/fTf2TZjZZpw/s400/final+final+oreo+cheesecake.jpg

Ray* December 8, 2010 at 8:58 PM

PUMPKIN? And OREO? And CHEESECAKE???? Can this really be real? My three favorite things all in one delicious treat. Wow. That's amazing!!!

Skooks December 8, 2010 at 10:27 PM

I know, right? That's what I thought when I came across this. Instantly I was like, "I need to make this IMMEDIATELY." And I'm not much of a baker usually so that's saying something! Oh . . . and they're so worth it too. Completely yummy, and I ate way too many of them. ;)