Thursday, December 23, 2010

We Finally Have Joseph!

Ok, who was with me last Christmas when I decided to embark on the "make the kids their own felt nativity" project?  Anyone?

Well, to refresh . . .

Last year I found this very cute pattern from BuggaBugs on Etsy to make a felt nativity.  I got to working on it and then the wind went out of my sails when the kids were gifted a lovely felt nativity from their great grandmother that was in her personal collection and made in Kyrgyzstan.  I tried to persevere, but I far from finished.

In fact, in the end all I had was the manger, baby Jesus, Mary, and a Shepherd.  Why I didn't make Joseph before I made the Shepherd I'll never know.  But I did.  So, kind of awkwardly, said Shepherd was kind of a Joseph stand-in.

I know . .  . like I said, AWKWARD.

So I made a little vow to myself that even if I didn't have time to finish the whole nativity this year, I'd at least make Joseph so the Holy Family could be the Holy Family and the Shepherd could just go back to being a Shepherd.

And so all is right again in Felt Nativity World:

Felt Nativity - So Far . . .

I hope these last few days before Christmas are joyful and sweet and filled with the Peace of Christ for each and every one of you.

Shana December 23, 2010 at 3:49 AM

That is too funny lol. Thanks for the laugh and they are really cute by the way.

Jessica December 23, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Poor Joseph, like the situation needed to be any more awkward for him ;) The shepherd totally could pass for a Joseph though, he just picked up a nice fluffy sheep on the way to Bethlehem . . . you know, in case they needed the wool or something.

Skooks December 24, 2010 at 1:37 PM

BWA HA HA! Best comment ever.

Jill December 28, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Those felt characters are gorgeous!!
Hope you had a lovely Christmas. I just popped over to let you know I featured your monkeys on my Round Tuit post this week!

Thanks again for linking up.
Wishing you a fabulous New Year!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success

Mrs.Mayhem December 28, 2010 at 7:52 PM

The Holy Family is awesome (and so is the shepherd). Good thing you remedied the awkward situation!

Skooks December 28, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Jill - I'm so honored! Thank you! :)

MM - True dat. As Jessica pointed out, like it wasn't awkward enough for Joseph!