Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Glow Happy Quilt Top - DONE!

Lest you think that I cleaned up my sewing room purely for aesthetics and was too afraid to go in and mess it up, I'm happy to report that due to my newly organized space I have been MOST productive.

Hurray!

Since I last posted, I have been a busy bee.  Mostly I have been working on stuff for the shop.  YES.  I said it!  I have been pushing myself a bit more than usual and have really made an effort to try out some patterns I got and just make some stuff.  It certainly helped that I had all my fabric in order and could see that I certainly had enough stash to start.  :)

In between bouts of shop sewing, I did spend time downstairs with the family and got the rest of the hand embroidery work done on my last two lantern chains so that I could finish off my Glow Happy quilt.  The fact that this is all pieced now gives me great satisfaction (and excitement) that it will indeed be finished completely and ready to enjoy this coming Christmas.

Glow Happy Quilt Top
Anyone else spend their holiday weekend (in whole or in part) behind a sewing machine?  I'd love to hear about it!  :)

Kristy July 5, 2011 at 6:53 PM

That is absolutely beautiful!!!

Jessica July 5, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Gorgeous quilt! And I love the embroidery :) I spent the whole weekend at the sewing machine - no regrets! I'm working on a surprise photo quilt!

Kathy July 5, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Just beautiful! The colors play so nicely in their rows and with each other. Great job.

Yadira July 5, 2011 at 7:35 PM

I love the colors!!!! Is this a block, or the whole quilt?

AnneMarie July 5, 2011 at 9:06 PM

LOVE this!!! Colors look fantastic and such an energetic vibe!

Two Shades of Pink July 5, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Gorgeous! How satisfying this must feel to be all organzied and productive. I think I am a little jealous. I wish I had a spare room to make into a craft room. Sigh. I shall live vicariously through you and maybe our shared pinterest boards. :)

laurawilson25 July 5, 2011 at 11:49 PM

That's so pretty! I can't wait to start quilting! I had some great successes and some massive failures in the sewing room this weekend. I'll post about it on my blog soonish.

Karen July 9, 2011 at 8:39 AM

I LOVE the lanterns!

kim July 11, 2011 at 12:44 AM

I absolutely love this pattern and of course the color choices!

xoxo Kim
geekstitching.com

Jessica@SewHomegrown July 15, 2011 at 7:45 PM

That just turned out beautifully!! I'll be linking in my Follower Fridays on Facebook - thanks for following Sew Homegrown :)

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime July 16, 2011 at 3:52 PM

The Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop became the coolest party on the block because of your participation. Thank you :)

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime July 16, 2011 at 3:53 PM