Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pinning is Winning

I know I am not the only one who has been singing the praises of Pinterest as of late.  It's all the rage among bloggers of all different types . . . with good reason.  As someone said recently (can't remember which blogger where said this so if it's you, please let me know and I'll gladly give you the credit), "Pinterest is like Google search that only gives you the cute results."

So true, friend.  So true.

Anyway, so as I've been pin pin pinning away all of these lovely ideas and inspirations, it has come up on several blogs I read that there was going to be a Pinterest CHALLENGE.  Not for prizes . . . just a "stop pinning and start using some of those ideas already" kind of a challenge.

Which is PERFECT because I have been really trying to stop pinning lately and just DO MORE.  And because I haven't just implemented ONE project that was inspired by something I found while pinning, I thought I'd share a little roundup of all of my most recent Pinterest-esque projects.

Are you amazed, my most recent post is something I pinned ages ago and finally got around to making?:

MINE!
THEIRS - by Bloom and Blossom

Remember that table runner I made for my friends who are getting married?  I pinned it:
MINE!
THEIRS - from Poppyprint Creates

Not suprisingly, many of my sewing room organizing ideas have been inspired by stuff I pinned.

For instance, my sewing hutch and floating dresser cutting "island" were both inspired projects:
MINE!
THEIRS - by Hello My Name is Heather

As well as my ribbon storage:
MINE!
THEIRS - by Just a Girl

My fabric rolling endeavor:
MINE!
THEIRS - from Cut to Pieces

My little notions treat stand:
MINE!
THEIRS - pinned from Everything Etsy

My design wall:
MINE!
THEIRS - by Oh Fransson
My tissue poms:
MINE!
THEIRS - from OhDeeDoh
And even my repainted ironing board:
MINE!
THEIRS - by A Life Unrehearsed

I never blogged about it, but I also recently made this most heavenly-tasting and EASY salad of Peaches and Basil that I pinned from my friend, Jess (which I HIGHLY RECOMMEND to everyone):
Peaches and Basil - by Two Shades of Pink
 And these yummy Peanutty Bars I made recently to sell at my friend's yard sale:
Peanutty Caramel Bars - by AllRecipes
Oh Pinterest, I do believe that I got a lot more done before we met, but was it quite so cute and delicious?

Doubt it.

Jane @ The Borrowed Abode August 2, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Love your sewing machine cover. I desperately need to make one - mine keeps getting dusty. And I forget to lay fabric over it for protection.
Also, I need to find space to create a design wall board like yours. What a great idea.

Yadira August 2, 2011 at 7:21 PM

I'm loving Pinterest too. In fact I was going to blog about it now, lol. I'll wait for tomorrow then. :D I'm now following you.

Petra August 3, 2011 at 2:00 AM

followed you here from Bower Power. great job getting those pins turned into projects-you go! I really like your craft space...I'm going to have to talk my other half into letting me have an area of our house thats all mine (besides the kitchen-HA!).

Angela August 3, 2011 at 9:00 AM

I love it! I was just telling my BF that I needed to stop pinning and start doing.....lol! I have a way of picking up lots and lots of ideas and never getting around to them. You have definitely inspired me to get busy with all the things you have completed. Thanks for sharing! I've been following you for a few weeks now and I really enjoy your style, thanks! I have some of your changes to your sewing room pinned too btw.... :) Angela

Deirdra Eden-Coppel August 3, 2011 at 3:23 PM

WOW so beautiful!!! You have a fabulous blog! I’m an author and illustrator and I made some awards to give to fellow bloggers whose sites I enjoy. I want to award you with the Creative Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
~Deirdra

Stitch Rabbit August 7, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Ha! I love the idea of the Pinterest Challenge! I'd better get going on some of those pins, hey?

xo