Well . . . it's 2012. I rang in the new year with some of my favorite friends of all time, as is the tradition. It was fabulous. If you had even half the belly laughs that I got in during this past weekend, I think you're starting off the year on the right foot. :) In crafty news . . . well, there isn't any. Well, no *current* sewing news other than the fact that I have some generous gift money that I was told I MUST use on sewing related things. I mean - - if you twist my arm . . . ;)
And now that we've discussed how we are all moving forward, what better moment to take a quick look back? - -
So here it is . . . the Skooks' Playground 2011 Year in Review!
- FABRIC! It was kind of a fabric blowout in 2011 for my birthday. :)
- Vintage Sheet Quilt Blocks: In 2011, I hooked up with Bee Vintage and replaced one of their members who had to bow out early. It was an awesome experience, and I met some lovely and generous new friends.
- Kona Fat Quarter Solids
- Sew Fresh Fabrics Scrap Quilting Bee Block: Maybe this shouldn't be under swaps, but I made them a block for a charity quilt and in turn I got to keep the remainder of the scraps they sent me. LOL.
- Japanese Import Fabric Charms
- HOSTED: The Curvy Clutch Giveaway as part of Sew Mama Sew's May 2011 giveaway day.
- My fabric! On comic book boards . . . who knew?
- All of my ribbons and trims. This was a long time coming and it's so concise and lovely now. :)
- My Kona fat quarters, in a revamped box.
- DIY Design Wall - so I don't have to spread all my quilt blocks out on the floor to figure out the best arrangement
- THE SEWING ROOM!! - Some of this covers the above bits I already outlined, but encompasses putting the whole room together (or rather, re-putting the whole room together by changing my mind about how to organize almost everything) . . . a room that I might be losing in this form in the near future when Baby #3 arrives.
- All of the many interfacings that I was unwittingly ruining with my old method
- This seemed like a great idea until I only did it once. Hmm . . . maybe should re-evaluate this as a regular "feature".
Your Questions Answered
- Thread and Tension Issues - I tried with this one . . . some good ideas came in the comments from more experienced sewists as well.
- Little Miss did our first mother daughter drawing-to-fiber collaboration . . . a little hoop for our friends' new baby
- Cool Mom Picks - yeah, I was completely shocked too
- Made By Rae - she liked the quilt I made for my nephew!
- mmmcrafts - starstruck . . . absolutely. Larissa featured the monkeys I made for the kiddos using her patterns. :)
- Poppyprint - I made her crop circles table runner
- Crafty Storage - one of my favorite craft room inspiration blogs picked up on my sewing room reorganization movement
The Down and Dirty Projects Completed 2011 Stat Sheet:
- Glow Happy Quilt - almost there!
- Vintage Sheet Freedom Bee Quilt - top done . . . waiting to be quilt and bound
- Home Decor:
- Mi Amor, My Love Valentine banner
- Tissue Paper Poms - Another V-day special that we saved and re-used for Little Miss 4th birthday party
- Bench Cushions - for Mr. Skooks' aunt
- Crop Circles Table Runner - a gift for my newlywed superfriends
- Curtains for the Kids' Room
- Stitch Sewing Machine Cover
- My really cool until it totally broke and won't keep the correct time - sewing room clock
- Cherry Blossom Throw Pillows for my sister's apartment
Happy Craft-y New Year, everyone!