Sooo . . . when I said, "wouldn't it be fun to do this little funny 4 Things you don't know about me Friday thing" what I really meant was "I'll do a random 4 things post once ever couple months."
Whatevs. It's Friday. Here's the 4 . . . and by 4 I mean 12 . . . things. (Hat tip to my pal, Jane, for the questions.)
1. How long have you been blogging?
- I started a personal blog when Little Miss was about 3 months old. That was almost 5 years ago! Crikey . . . I didn't even realize that until just now. The blogging thing . . . not how old my daughter is. This blog is somewhat younger (I started it towards the end of 2009), though when I started it I took all the sewing/creative posts from my personal blog and transferred them over to keep all that stuff together. It was a bit painstaking and those posts were meant for family and friends so they're probably a bit less cohesive than the ones since I started SP, but I'm still glad I did it.
- Hmm . . . I'm inclined towards many different ones, though I tend to choose Red Lobster when the occasion and the budget allows. This is to say that I don't live anywhere near the sea and really love seafood. If I lived somewhere a bit more coastal, I'm sure I would love a more "local" and less "chain"-like place. As it stands, I haven't found better seafood in my town than at RL, so it is what it is. In more you-won't-find-these-everywhere-else locales (and if you're ever in Grand Rapids), I have had great meals at Marie Catribs and Twisted Rooster.
- Hmm . . . hard to say, not knowing how much is in the pot. But I would love the ability to pay off my mortgage and put aside money for my kids to go to college and for Mr. Skooks and I to retire someday. It would be divine to actually quit my job if I could do so. If'n there was money left over after all that, I hope that I'd resist the urge to buy useless things and instead be abundantly charitable with others.
- You know what, I have no idea. And that's not because I have crazy amounts of shoes. There are probably only 3 pairs that are in the rotation right now (one pair are boots, one are sneakers, and one are just everyday casual kicks.) I've got a few good pairs of flips for warmer weather, a few pairs of sandals, and only one pair of heels that I ever wear for those very infrequent times I actually dress up for something. I try to buy quality footwear over quantity. Cheap shoes just don't hold up, and I don't have the money to waste on stuff I will wear infrequently or won't last.
- Every day brings different stuff. These days I dig Wednesdays just because Tuesdays are usually horribly exhausting for me, and Wednesday is a nice no-obligations day in for the kids and I. With that being said, I do have great love for Fridays because it means that when Mr. Skooks walks in the door in the evening, he is going to be around all day for the next few days and I always prefer it when he is around. :)
- I'm not much of a clothes horse these days. I tend to enjoy any color (read: shirt) that fits well and doesn't make me feel like a whale. I'm now in my third trimester . . . thanks to my awesome neighbor I do have a few "colors" that fit into that category.
- Hands down, it's avocado. Yes people, that's a fruit. And I can't get enough avocado in my life. I do love guacamole, but I love it just as much just sliced up with some lime juice and salt on top. Mmm.
- Depends on my mood. I'll admit, I'm addicted to the Biggest Loser. I'm a sucker for how it changes people's minds about how they see themselves and helps them see that life is worth living WELL. I'm also a big fan of Fringe (really, any show that JJ Abrams has had a hand in . . . I've pretty much seen them all) and Up All Night. For totally worthless laughs, Wipeout gets me going every time.
- Jesus. I've got questions, and he's the only one who can answer them for me.
- Hard to put my finger on any one thing, but I cringe at a lot of the . . . ahem . . . "design choices" I made in our first apartment. Just about everything we had was hand me down, but we tried to make it look like it wasn't . . . which . . . didn't really work.
- Um, pop? Coffee only works for me if it is sugared up, flavored in some way, and about 8 million calories (think Starbucks Vanilla Latte). I almost never have it. Tea is ok at times, but I tend not to reach for it very often. I really have to be in the mood. I wish I didn't like pop so much, but it is what it is. So now you know.
- Well, most of the snow has melted off so it's probably in the upper 30s. Now that I'm checking the weather though, it looks like it's going to snow all night and through tomorrow. So much for the melt-off. The weather is kind of on an acid trip lately.
Anyway . . . that was fun. If you want to play along, please do so and come link back. I'd love to read more about what's going on with you too. :)