Well, here it is. Remember when I gave you a little fabric tease a few posts back? Here's what I was thinking . . .
Mr. Skooks and I inherited these somewhat dirty and rundown (but oh so comfy) outdoor chairs from my parents a few years ago. They were part of their old patio set which has since been upgraded (besides the set being a bit old, I think what happened was that the table blew over in a storm and shattered so all they were left with were the chairs):
Not one to turn up my nose at free stuff (especially comfy stuff), Mr. Skooks and I took 2 of the chairs (all we had room for at the time) and the other 2 went to my older sister. I knew someday I was going to make them over to give them a new (and less scrappy looking) life.
It took years to get onto the more immediate to-sew list, but I finally got around to picking up a little table (on clearance at Meijer for $11) to go in between the chairs, choosing some fun outdoor fabric to recover the cushions with, and some spray paint to make it all look like it was supposed to go together.
Making a cushion cover is actually a really easy process. If anyone needs any tips on it, I'd be glad to offer some help (just leave me a comment). The whole project used 2 1/2 yards of fabric exactly, and a few lengths of sew-in velcro that I had sitting in my stash.
Pretty decent before and
|1. Chair - Before, 2. Chair - Phase 2|